The Critical Foundations of Algebra program helps K–5 educators, math coaches, and district coordinators use student-centered teaching practices to build students’ foundational skills in number sense and proficiency. Based on the best-selling Van de Walle Professional Mathematics Series, this algebra readiness program focuses on number sense and number proficiency:
- Number patterns extended and generalized
- Composition and decomposition of numbers
- Number and properties of operation
OUTCOMES: By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Merge instruction in algebra with the instruction of concepts of numbers and operations, understanding how learning in one domain supports learning in the other.
- Support simultaneous development of conceptual understanding and problem-solving skills with the intentional use of purposeful student struggle, flexible grouping, and ongoing assessments.
- Make mathematical tasks worthwhile and engaging for all students.
- Identify common misconceptions as opportunities for learning.
Math Directors and Coordinators, Math Coaches, K–5 Math Educators
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
Product Name: Critical Foundations of Algebra: Grades K-5
Invoice Title: CRITICAL ALGERA FOUNDATION GR K-5 PPD
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card.