The Foundational Overview of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics provides participants with an opportunity to explore all components of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM) with an emphasis on the framework of learning they provide for college and career readiness. This one-day workshop focuses on the domains, concept categories, and learning progressions of the K–12 Standards for Mathematical Content while integrating the mathematical habits of mind required by the K–12 Standards for Mathematical Practice.
View a sample of the Facilitator Handbook (Contents are subject to change.)
View a sample of the Participant Workbook (Contents are subject to change.)
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Identify the domains and concept categories included in the K–12 Standards for Mathematical Content.
• Connect the K–12 Standards for Mathematical Practice to the NCTM process standards and proficiencies as detailed in Adding It Up: Helping Children Learn Mathematics.
• Identify ways to promote classroom discourse that help students develop mathematical proficiency.
• Identify aspects of the mathematical practices that bring teaching closer to assessment.
• Connect current practice and articulate the changes needed to implement CCSSM.
TARGET AUDIENCE: K–12 Educators
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 1