A student-friendly approach: Savvas Physics appeals to students by connecting to their lives with real-world applications, concept development tools, and motivating applications to engage and motivate students.
The Big Idea feature emphasizes the central concept of the chapter.
Key Questions in each lesson call out important concepts and highlight their answers in the discussion.
Example problems build reasoning and problem-solving skills.
▪ Quick Examples offer simple and concise solutions that model how newly introduced equations and units are used.
▪ Conceptual Examples pose a thought-provoking question and then explain the logical reasoning and physics concepts needed to answer it.
▪ Active Examples ask students to take an active role in solving the problem by thinking through the logic described on the left and verifying their answers on the right.
▪ Guided Examples present a visual model of the physical situation and outline the key concepts that apply to it before proceeding to the detailed step-by-step solution.
Relevant connections that tie abstract concepts to everyday experiences and modern technologies.
▪ Physics & You features throughout the book explain the physics behind interesting technologies, the impact of technology on society, and the role of physics in various careers.
▪ Physics & You: Technology passages in the discussion explain how various modern technologies make use of the physics concepts just learned.
Rich lab explorations and study support that allow students to practice and reinforce essential skills.
▪ Physics Labs are traditional single-page lab activities that use easy to obtain materials.
▪ Short, simple, and interesting Inquiry Labs open each chapter and offer a chance to explore some of the chapter’s fundamental concepts.
▪ Math HELP boxes in example problems guide students to extra math support material contained in the Math Review chapter.
▪ Connecting Ideas features the important concepts from lesson to lesson and chapter to chapter, helping students see the bigger picture.
Unmatched digital support: Mastering® Physics with Savvas eText is the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system that engages students and teachers—anytime, anywhere.