Personalize Learning with Mastering Astronomy
Mastering® Astronomy is the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment system, designed to improve results by engaging students with powerful, interactive content. Instructors ensure students arrive ready to learn by assigning new Interactive pre-lecture videos that give students exposure to key concepts before class and open classroom time for active learning or deeper discussions of topics. With Learning Catalytics™ instructors can expand on key concepts and encourage student engagement during lecture through questions answered individually or in pairs and groups. Students further master concepts through book-specific Mastering Astronomy assignments, which provide hints and answer-specific feedback that build problem-solving skills. Mastering Astronomy now features Virtual Astronomy Labs, providing assignable online laboratory activities that use Stellarium and Interactive Figures.
- Tutorials feature specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of interactive, educationally effective content to guide your students through the toughest topics in physics. The hallmark Hints and Feedback sections offer instruction similar to what students would experience in an office hour, allowing them to learn from their mistakes without being given the answer.
- Narrated Figures and Visual Activities offer visual activities, narration, and animations that expand on figures in the text. Pause-and-respond questions engage students in a deeper understanding of the topic, while visual activities help students build versatile interpretation skills.
- NEW! Interactive pre-lecture videos provide subject overview for exposure to key concepts before class, opening the classroom time for active learning or deeper discussions of topics. These can be used for simple pre-class exposure or fully flipped classrooms.
- NEW! 20 additional tutorials focus on critical thinking.
- NEW! eText 2.0:
- Full eReader functionality includes page navigation, search, glossary, highlighting, note taking, annotations, and more.
- A responsive design allows the eText to reflow/resize to a device or screen. eText 2.0 now works on supported smartphones, tablets, and laptop/desktop computers.
- In-context glossary offers students instant access to definitions by simply hovering over key terms.
- Seamlessly integrated videos and activities allow students to watch and interact within the eText learning experience.
- Accessible (screen-reader ready)
- Configurable reading settings, including resizable type and night reading mode.
- NEW! New and enhanced interactive figures are formatted for mobile use.