The two-day RtI for English learners program was developed with original Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP®) Model authors Dr. Jana Echevarría and Dr. MaryEllen Vogt to help educators:
• Understand specific considerations for English learners (ELs) in the Response to Intervention (RtI) process.
• Identify research-based interventions that are appropriate for ELs.
• Learn how to compare language differences with language and learning disabilities.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
• Define RtI and its role in the education of ELs.
• Identify challenges of effective progress monitoring for ELs.
• Explain how the SIOP® Model supports Tier I instruction for ELs.
• Identify specific literacy development issues for ELs.
• Compare and contrast effective Tier II and Tier III assessments and interventions for ELs.
• Generate ideas for overcoming barriers and implementing an effective RtI process.
TARGET AUDIENCE: District Administrators, School Leaders, Coaches and Specialists
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 2