This one-day workshop provides teachers the opportunity to effectively integrate the Common Core Mathematical Practices in a whiteboard environment. Participants will be provided opportunities to experience the whiteboard technology while they are developing classroom materials around the mathematical practices.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Engage in thoughtful discourse related to mathematical practices.
• Explore online resources and interactive applets.
• Identify product-specific tools and resources available for enhancing mathematics instruction around the practices using the interactive whiteboard.
• Build presentations that illustrate an understanding of mathematical practices.
• Share and discuss lessons, concepts, and examples in an online environment.
Administrators, Technology and Math Curriculum Coordinators, K–12 Educators
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 25
NUMBER OF DAYS: 1