Features and Benefits
QuickBooks Online Plus: A Complete Course 2016
Provide Real-World Experience with Extensive Hands-On Material
This text provides students with ample opportunity to learn and apply accounting concepts presented in the text and online software.
- Step-by-step tutorial-style training helps students develop confidence in recording business transactions.
- Intuit’s Test Drive Company helps students drill throughout the text.
- Students create a new company in Chapter 2 that is used throughout the text.
- Screen shots show students how their screens should look as they complete their training.
- Places to double-check students’ work, ensure they grasp the concept at hand before moving on.
- Additional Transactions are included at the end of each chapter to reinforce the concepts and transaction entry covered in the chapter.
- End-of-chapter material where the concepts and applications learned are reinforced by the completion of assignable true/false, multiple-choice, fill-in, and computer-assignment questions.
- A Bonus Practice Set is provided to instructors for completion at the end of the text.
- QuickBooks® screens, completed transactions, and reports help students conceptualize accounting concepts visually.
- To provide a real-world experience within the text, students are required to customize and print many business forms and reports.
An Innovative Approach for Learning How to Use QuickBooks® Online Plus to Run a Business
- After thorough instruction in and usage of QuickBooks Online Plus within the text, students should be able to transition from training to using the program in an actual business.
- Throughout the text, emphasis has been placed on the use of QuickBooks Online Plus’s innovative approach to recording accounting transactions based on a business form rather than using the traditional journal format. This approach has been correlated to traditional accounting through adjusting entries, end-of-period procedures, and use of the “behind the scenes” journal.
- NEW! Learners now have the opportunity to work in a Cloud-based environment (versus having to download the software).
- UPDATED! Students will explore and use many of the features of QuickBooks Online Plus as it pertains to both service and merchandising businesses, including:
- Recording transactions for service and inventory businesses–from simple to complex–that simulate real-world occurrences
- Preparing, analyzing, customizing, creating, and printing a variety of reports
- Closing an accounting period
- Creating a new company
- Customizing QuickBooks Online Plus to fit the needs of an individual company
- Completing assignments including a drill using Intuit’s Test Drive Company
- Preparing payroll using Intuit’s Test Drive Company
- Exploring error detection and correction
Hallmark Features of the Software
- An Access Code Card and instructions for downloading the QuickBooks 2016 Educational Trial Version of the program
- Add Logos to company files
- Create, save, and use Customized Reports
- Add Credit Card information for individual customers
- Select Preferred Delivery and Payment Methods for customers
- Use FIFO inventory valuation
- Use Locations and Classes
- Create Budgets
- Import and Export Excel Files
- Do Time Tracking
- Track and pay Sales Taxes
- Use the QuickBooks Online Plus Mobile App