Chemistry: The Central Science 15th Edition Digital Solutions
AP Chemistry Textbook
Mastering® Chemistry from Pearson
Teach your course your way: Your course is unique. So whether you’d like to build your own auto-graded assignments, foster student engagement during class, or give students anytime, anywhere access, Mastering gives you the flexibility to easily create your course to fit your needs.
- With Learning Catalytics, you’ll hear from every student when it matters most. You pose a variety of questions that help students recall ideas, apply concepts, and develop critical-thinking skills. Your students respond using their own smartphones, tablets, or laptops. You can monitor responses with real-time analytics and find out what your students do — and don’t — understand. Then, you can adjust your teaching accordingly, and even facilitate peer-to-peer learning, helping students stay motivated and engaged. Learning Catalytics includes prebuilt questions for every key topic in Chemistry.
- Ready-to-Go Teaching Modules provide organized material for every tough topic in General Chemistry. Created for and by instructors, the modules provide a guide for easy-to-use assignments for before and after class plus in-class activities with clicker questions and questions in Learning Catalytics™. Modules can be easily accessed via Mastering Chemistry.
- Ready-to-Go Study Tools are available for students to use on their own, even when their professor doesn’t assign the modules.
- Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience available within Mastering. It allows students to easily highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place—even when offline. Seamlessly integrated videos and other rich media engage students and give them access to the help they need, when they need it. Pearson eText is available within Mastering when packaged with a new book; students can also purchase Mastering with Pearson eText online.
Empower each learner: Each student learns at a different pace. Personalized learning, including adaptive tools and wrong-answer feedback, pinpoints the precise areas where each student needs practice and gives all students the support they need — when and where they need it — to be successful.
- New! 25 Interactive Visual Activities cover more complex concepts available within the eText and is assignable within Mastering
- Expanded! Interactive Sample Exercises bring key Sample Exercises in the text to life through animation and narration, which can be launched through the eText and assigned in Mastering Chemistry.
- Expanded! Smart Figures walk students through complex visual representations, converting a static in-text figure into a dynamic process and is narrated by one of the authors. Students can work through the Smart Figures in the eText and instructors also have the ability to assign the Smart Figures in Mastering Chemistry.
- New! Worked Example Videos provide digital instruction and offer the media assets needed to enable enhancements to the hint structure.
- New! End-of-Chapter Questions and Practice Exercises have been updated so the correct answer is revealed to the student with one click.
- The Chemistry Primer helps students remediate their chemistry math skills and prepare for their first college chemistry course.
- Pre-built Assignments get students up to speed at the beginning of the course.
- Math is covered in the context of chemistry, basic chemical literacy, balancing chemical equations, mole theory, and stoichiometry.
- Scaled to students’ needs, remediation is only suggested to students that perform poorly on initial assessment.
- Remediation includes tutorials, wrong-answer specific feedback, video instruction, and stepwise scaffolding to build students’ abilities.
- Dynamic Study Modules help students study effectively—and at their own pace. How? By keeping them motivated and engaged. The assignable modules rely on the latest research in cognitive science, using methods—such as adaptivity, gamification, and intermittent rewards—to stimulate learning and improve retention. Each module poses a series of questions about a course topic or about a topic specific to the text. These question sets adapt to each student’s performance and offer personalized, targeted feedback to help them master key concepts.