Global history approach
True global coverage of world history encourages students
to recognize historical patterns and to think critically about
pictorial evidence. Chapters highlight characteristics of the
major civilizations, and students focus on historical patterns of
trade and exchange within and among major societies.
• Provides a Pedagogical Framework Learning Objective
questions have been added to each chapter to highlight
central themes and ideas.
• Focuses on Critical Thinking Chapter-ending Critical Thinking
Questions reinforce important concepts and serve as essay
or class discussion topics. Thinking Historically analytical
essays relate to the chapter but extend across chronological
and geographical boundaries. Critical thinking questions at
the end of each essay prompt the reader to consider the farreaching
implications of historical developments.
• Helps Readers Visualize History Visualizing the Past boxes
support visual literacy. Readers learn how to read and
analyze graphic material such as maps, charts, and graphs.
Part-opening and chapter-opening timelines help readers
place history in context
Built for Success
• This program, World Civilizations Since 1200, has been updated
to reflect the College Board’s Curriculum Framework dated
• A correlation to the College Board’s Curriculum Framework
for AP® World History can be found within the student
edition preface or online by visiting Savvas.com/
• End-of-part questions have been revised to align to the
• AP Exam Style Test Bank available online and aligned to the
course framework outline.
• New! Test Prep Workbook for AP® fully prepares students
for the exam. This new workbook includes tools to ensure
student success including two full AP practice tests.
MyLab® History MyLab History with Pearson® eText is a state-of-theart,
comprehensive Web resource that is organized according to
the contents of our textbook and brings history to life through
a unique, interactive experience. Students are able to take
preloaded sample tests and receive personalized study plans.
• Pearson eText An eBook version of World Civilizations Since
1200 lets students access their textbook anytime, anywhere,
and any way they want—including listening online or
downloading to an iPad® tablet.
• AP Exam Style Test Bank is a downloadable resource for
teachers within MyLab History.
• Assessment Automatically graded pre-tests, post-tests, and
chapter exams help students review chapter content that
promote critical thinking skills.
• In-depth collection of sources MyLab History offers many
additional resources to engage students and help them learn
in a visual and interactive way. These include interactive
maps, primary source documents and a wealth of videos.
• Gradebook Automated grading of quizzes and media
assignments helps teachers