For graphing-intensive courses
• Nationally recognized author team with years of experience and expertise in the teaching of both precalculus and calculus.
• Designed for the way you teach:
– Additional coverage of topics that students are likely to struggle with.
– Shorter sections to accommodate the class period length.
– Extensive resources for new and experienced instructors.
• Written for the needs of today’s students:
– Perfect balance of graphical and algebraic representation.
– Applications integrated throughout the text.
– Examples and exercises for all levels of students.
• The Twelve Basic Functions are emphasized throughout the book as a major theme and focus.
• Ideal predecessor to Calculus: Graphical, Numerical, Algebraic, 4th Edition.
• Expanded sections now include Closeness and Betweenness in a Complex World and Random Variables and Expected Value
• Updated data sets and applications