Features and Benefits
This Martin-Gay All in One l math program offers a variety of print and digital resources so teachers can build the ideal learning solution for their students.
Martin-Gay’s Student Success program is motivated by Elayn’s firm belief that every student can succeed. This integrated learning system combines the textbook, MyMathLab, student and video organizers, and the video program, and is designed to help students gain the math and study skills needed for success.
The textbook, available in print or digital format, is the keystone of the Martin-Gay program. Elayn Martin-Gay is known for her accessible writing style and for the depth of resources she provides for instructors and students in her texts.
- Detailed step-by-step examples provide guidance for students.
- Practice exercises are paired with each example to actively involve students in the learning process.
- Concept Checks throughout the text allow students to gauge their grasp of an idea as it is presented in the text. By stressing conceptual understanding at point-of-use, the Concept Checks help prevent misconceived notions for important topics.
- Several special types of exercises throughout the text give students the practice they need: Vocabulary, Readiness and Video Checks; Guided Applications; Mixed Practice; Concept Extension; and more!
- Martin-Gay’s presentation of Study Skills ensures that students make the most of their valuable study time in order to help them succeed in this course. In-text study skills resources include Section 1.1, Tips for Success in Mathematics and the Student Resources section located in the back of the book.
- End-of-chapter material offers students a wealth of review- and retention-oriented material to reinforce the concepts presented in current and previous chapters.
An All in One solution with print support: this All-in-One Algebra Foundations has everything for Prealgebra, Introductory Algebra, and Intermediate Algebra in one easy-to-use solution. In addition to a full eText in MyMathLab, two printed options are available to provide additional support.
- The Video Organizer is designed to help students take notes and work practice exercises while watching the Interactive lecture series (available in MyMathLab and on DVD).
- All content in the Video Organizer is presented in the same order as it is presented in the videos, making it easy for students to create a course notebook and build good study habits.
- The Organizer provides ample space for students to write down key definitions and rules.
- The Video Organizer is available in loose-leaf, notebook-ready format and is also available in MyMathLab.
- Includes an outline for use with the new Student Success Tip videos
- A complete eText is included in the MyMathLab course. Instructors who want to provide a printed book for their students can order this through Savvas Learning Solutions.
The online MathXL for School or MyMathLab® for School course provides students with all the same great technology features, but make it easier for instructors to blend learning. Each course includes pre-assigned homework and quizzes to make creating a course even easier. The Martin-Gay course provides a stepped-out learning path for students that integrates the textbook, videos, and Video Organizer to help ensure that students are using all resources.
- All videos in the video program are presented by Elayn Martin-Gay to ensure 100% consistency with the text, and are available in both MyMathLab® and on the Interactive DVD Lecture Series. The following types of videos are available:
- A complete lecture for each section of the text highlights key examples and exercises. New “pop-ups” reinforce key terms, definitions, and concepts while Martin-Gay presents the material.
- Interactive Concept Checks measure students’ understanding of key concepts and common trouble spots. After the viewer selects an answer from several multiple-choice options, Martin-Gay explains why the answer is correct or incorrect.
- The Chapter Test Prep Videos help students during their most teachable moment—when they are preparing for a test. This Martin-Gay innovation provides step-by-step solutions for the exercises found in each Chapter Test. Complete solutions on video for all exercises from the Practice Final Exam (located in Student Resources) help students prepare for the real thing. Overview segments review key problem-solving strategies.
- The Student Success Tips Videos are 3- to 5-minute video segments designed to be a daily reminder to students to continue practicing and maintaining good organizational and study habits. These are organized in three categories and are available in MyMathLab and the Interactive Lecture Series. The categories are:
- Student Success Tips Videos that apply to any course in college in general, such as Time Management.
- Student Success Tips Videos that apply to any mathematics course. One example is based on understanding that mathematics is a course that requires homework to be completed in a timely fashion.
- Section- or Content-specific Student Success Tips Videos that help students avoid common mistakes or better understand concepts that often prove challenging.