myWorld Interactive FAQs
(formerly Pearson myWorld Interactive)
Elementary Social Studies Curriculum
What is myWorld Interactive K-5 Social Studies and what are the components?
myWorld Interactive is a K-5 social studies curriculum that encourages active inquiry while introducing civics, economics, geography, and history concepts. Students develop critical thinking, problem solving, and communicating skills for engaged civic life. The program includes strong ELA instruction to support social studies inquiry and new literacy standards. myWorld Interactive is both comprehensive and adaptable, so it fits a wide range of classrooms and schedules. It’s the student-centered social studies curriculum that helps teachers achieve their instructional goals.
Take an Interactive Tour of myWorld Interactive K-5 Social Studies.
The program is made up of:
- Teacher Edition: Full lesson plans develop social studies content knowledge, critical thinking skills, and civic engagement. Instruction supports all standards.
- Student Worktext: The consumable student worktext includes standards-based social studies content, interactivities, and skills instruction.
- Activity Guide: Use these activity-based supplemental lesson plans and blackline masters for long-term inquiry projects, quick activities, and Readers Theater.
- Student Activity Mats: Activity-centered, double-sided, dry-erase desk mats provide maps, outline maps, timelines, and activities.
- Classroom Reader Lesson Plans: Instructional strategies, guidance, and learning supports save you time preparing lessons for every leveled reader and content reader.
- Leveled Readers: Three leveled readers on the same chapter topic are provided for Below Level, On Level, and Advanced readers (Grades 1-5). Kindergarten includes On Level and Above Level texts.
- Content Readers: Add an extra On Level content reader, one per chapter, on a high interest topic (Grades 3-5).
What type of Reading Support is in myWorld Interactive?
Every minute of every lesson is a literacy opportunity. Students read text closely, build vocabulary and language skills, and use evidence to articulate their ideas in writing.
- Embedded Word Wise supports context clues to help students learn new vocabulary.
- Rap About It! or Sing About It! is an interactive way to introduce key vocabulary and energize students for learning.
- Academic Vocabulary and content vocabulary are defined in context, helping students pause and understand the text.
- Students publish their Narrative Writing using the digital studio from TikaTok.com.
- Leveled Readers develop language skills and content knowledge at three reading levels: Below Level, On Level, and Advanced.
- Thinking Like a Citizen Readers (Grade K-2) model citizenship for students.
- Content Readers (Grade 3-5) engage students in high interest topics.
- Integrate Literacy Skills instruction to teach students important reading comprehension skills, such as summarizing.
- Your Turn! invites the application of knowledge in context extending outside of the classroom.
- Analysis of Primary Source lessons supports vocabulary, close reading, and shorter evidence-based writing.
What type of teaching ideas, strategies and inspiration are in myWorld Interactive?
- Active Classroom Strategies
- Chapter Assessments
- Chapter at a Glance
- Citizenship Lessons
- Common Misconceptions
- Complete Lesson Plans
- Critical Thinking & Writing Strategies
- Curriculum Connections: Literacy, Geography, Math, and Science
- Differentiated Instruction
- Integrated ELD Strategies
- Jumpstart Activities
- Literacy Skills Lessons
- Pacing Guides
- Primary Source Lessons
- Review Strategies
- Visual Review Strategies
- Vocabulary Strategies
- Writer’s Workshop
- Writing Activities
How do I sign up for a myWorld Interactive digital demo?
myWorld Interactive digital courseware on Savvas Realize™ includes robust digital tools that give teachers flexibility to use a digital, print, or blended format in their classrooms. Teachers can customize the program to rearrange content, upload their own content, add links to online media, and edit resources and assessments. Program-specific resources, flexible agnostic resources, and assessments are available in one location for easy lesson planning and presentation. Click here to sign up for a 30 day online demo.
Learn More About myWorld Interactive Elementary Social Studies Curriculum