High School Economics
Frequently Asked Questions
High School Economics Textbook ©2022
What is Economics ©2022?
Economics is for grades 9-12 is a print and digital student-centered program with robust teacher support. Economics focuses on engaging students by connecting headlines to students’ lives today, a foundation of inquiry-based learning, engaging digital activities, and more.
What is available to purchase?
The program is made up of the following components:
- Student Edition - Available in digital or print. The foundational student edition has a magazine-style layout to increase readability with a 50/50 text to visual balance.
- Teacher’s Edition - Available in digital or print, the Teacher’s Edition includes wrap-around pages that provide direct instruction and teaching suggestions to engage students. Planning pages for each topic and lesson make implementation and pacing easy for teachers. Active Classroom Strategies, ELL support, and more are available at point of use.
- Economics Digital Course - the Economics digital courseware on Savvas Realize™ includes robust digital tools that give teachers flexibility to use a digital, print, or blended format in their classrooms. Teachers can customize the program to rearrange content, upload their own content, add links to online media, and edit resources and assessments. Resources include:
- Lesson summary videos
- Interactive Primary Sources
- Interactive Digital Activities
- Quest Topic Inquiry projects
- Reading and Note Taking Study Guide Workbook - Available in digital and print, this workbook contains lesson summaries and opportunities for guided note taking to encourage close reading skills.
Is Economics inquiry based?
Economics is built on the C3 Framework for inquiry in social studies. Each topic and lesson follows the Connect-Investigate-Synthesize-Demonstrate learning model. You will also find the Quest Topic Inquiry, which contains project-based assessment such as civic discussion, document-based writing, or a team project. The teacher’s edition also includes active classroom strategies, which are low-prep, high impact ways to add inquiry into your classroom.
How do I sign up for an Economics digital demo?
Economics digital courseware on Savvas Realize™ includes robust digital tools that give teachers flexibility to use a digital, print, or blended format in their classrooms. Teachers can customize the program to rearrange content, upload their own content, add links to online media, and edit resources and assessments. Program-specific resources, flexible agnostic resources, and assessments are available in one location for easy lesson planning and presentation. Click here to sign up for a demo.