Features and Benefits
Focused coverage and realistic hands-on practice help students master basic arrhythmias
Pedagogical tools help students study more efficiently and use the book as a practical reference
- Focused coverage helps students master the basic concepts needed to identify arrhythmias. The text covers all the basics of arrhythmia interpretation—including basic electrophysiology, waves and measurements, rhythm analysis, and the five major groups of arrhythmias— and includes appendices on Clinical Implications, Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology, 12-Lead Electrocardiography, Basic 12-Lead Interpretation, and Pathophysiology of Arrhythmias.
- Difficult concepts are presented in a flexible, progressive approach to allow for self-paced or classroom learning. Carefully organized units of consistent length allow for self-paced, independent learning of basic principles, concepts, and techniques.
- Over 680 Practice Strips that provide extensive, realistic hands-on practice. Practice sheets of EKG rhythm strips are included in most chapters to give students hands-on practice. Answers to the end-of-chapter Practice Strips appear on the same pages as the strips themselves for easy access and immediate concept reinforcement.
- UPDATED: This edition includes even more 12-leads for practice.
- UPDATED: Instead of simplified tracings, 12-leads are presented in a more real-world manner.
- Requires no sophisticated equipment so students can learn anywhere, without access to expensive EKG equipment. Students need only a pencil and a set of EKG calipers to start learning.
- UPDATED: Keep your course current with the most up-to-date information. Throughout the Eighth Edition, existing content has been updated for currency and some new content has been added to clarify concepts.
- In-chapter questions help confirm understanding. Students can complete both fill-in-the blank sentences and direct questions to help them confirm that they understand each concept before moving on.
- Key points and Self-tests in every chapter promote quick review and self-evaluation. Key Points quickly summarize the most important concepts and skills covered in each chapter. End-of-chapter Self-tests cover essential points discussed in that chapter Help students check their understanding and quickly return to material for reinforcement
- Full-color Flash Cards help students review material. Tear-out Flash Cards help students efficiently review and memorize material.
- Chapter Overviews structure learning. Easy-to-read introductions to each chapter aim student learning at the core electrocardiography principles and techniques.
NEW: Available with MyLab® BRADY
This title is also available packaged with MyLab BRADY–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that gives you the power to reach students on their terms—and to teach however you like. Encourage students to immerse themselves in the Pearson® eText on their own time and use your classroom sessions to workshop key concepts. Or, enhance your lectures with videos and other engaging content that brings course material to life. Fostering engagement both within and outside the classroom, MyLab BRADY helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in improved performance in the course.
- Gradebook: A fully functional and customizable gradebook allows instructors to view students’ results by chapter, outcome, homework, and more to help identify where more classroom time is needed!
- Multimedia Library: To help you build assignments, or add an extra engaging element to your lectures, each MyLab BRADY course comes with a Multimedia Library.
- Pearson eText: The Pearson eText gives students access to their textbook anytime, anywhere. In addition to note taking, highlighting, and bookmarking, the Pearson eText offers interactive and sharing features
- Rhythm Randomizer: This innovative practice exercise can be used as a test of your students' skills. With a database of nearly six hundred randomly generated strips, virtual calipers that students control, and a calculator, students have everything they need to practice reading strips. They can test themselves and monitor their progress through the integrated “SCORE” function. There’s even a “HINT” button if they need a little extra help.