Increasing Rigor in the Common Core English Language Arts/Literacy Classroom †
Explore the concept of rigor in the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English Language Arts (ELA) classroom using measures of cognitive and task complexity. Participants look at how measures of complexity and rigor such as Webb’s Depth of Knowledge, Bloom’s Taxonomy, and cognitive demand help develop tasks of increased rigor.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe cognitive demand.
- Understand measures of rigor.
- Analyze tasks to determine levels of rigor.
- Revise tasks to meet expectations for performance.
- Identify scaffolds to make rigorous tasks accessible.
Number of Participants: 30
Length: 6 Hours
Product Name: Increasing Rigor in the Common Core English Language Arts/Literacy Classroom
Invoice Title: CC12 INC RGR CCSS CLSSRM: ELA 1DY
† - Items can only be purchased with PO or school credit card. A qualifying institution is required for personal credit card purchases.