myWorld Interactive: American History – Middle School U.S. History
myWorld Interactive: American History, available as American History Survey or Beginnings to 1877 edition, promotes critical thinking, problem solving, evidence-based reasoning, and communications skills. This program includes:
- Activity-based learning
- Strong ELA connections
- Wide range of flexible curricula options, adaptable to any classroom type
Student–Centered Middle School U.S. History Inspired by You
myWorld Interactive; American History encourages students to explore their world; expand their thinking; and engage their college, career, and civic readiness.
myWorld Interactive: American History helps teachers create engaging active-learning experiences, from brainstorming volunteer opportunities classwide; to project-based Quests; to using writing, drawing, and highlighting tasks to create self-motivated social studies learners.
Literacy Goals Built into Every Lesson
The lessons also all feature built-in literacy instruction and correlate with any ELA program. Along with mastering social studies, students learn to read closely, analyze information, and communicate well-defended ideas.
Meet All Your Students’ Needs
myWorld Interactive has the flexible curricula and tools to differentiate, support, and inspire all your students. Multiple curricula options and pathways support every teacher, classroom type, and schedule.
Powerful Administrator Tools Track Student Achievement
Administrator tools, hosted on Savvas Realize® alongside classroom-management features, help measure school success in teaching to social studies standards, manage student enrollment, easily identify the best curricula for remote learning, and much more.
Digital, Modern American History Curriculum
Student-Centered Social Studies
Inquiry-Based, Student-Centered Social Studies
Instructional DesignmyWorld Interactive’s instructional design balances direct instruction; small group interaction; hands-on practice; robust resources; and scaffolded reading support.
Active Classroom StrategiesTools such as interactive worktexts and jumpstart activities, spark student interest and gauge their starting social studies knowledge.
Project-Based QuestsmyWorld Interactive includes long-term, end-of-chapter activities that provide rich, inquiry-based experiences.
BiographiesModel important citizenship skills and tie in real-world civics applications.
Differentiated Resources to Easily Reach Every Student
Flexible Teaching ResourcesmyWorld Interactive enables teachers to quickly find and assign content suited to individual student, small group, or the whole class needs.
Leveled ReadersReaders develop language skills and enable differentiated instruction to reach every student in your classroom: emerging, expanding, special education, advanced, below, and bridging.
Teaching OptionsThe instructional design balances direct instruction, small group interaction, hands-on practice, robust resources, and scaffolded reading support.
Dynamic SearchEasily browse lesson content through simple keyword searches. Find targeted resources by narrowing your search by grade, media, and content types.
Multiple Learning Paths
Options accommodate every teacher, classroom, and schedule:
- Comprehensive path: Teaches a comprehensive social studies curriculum that balances content, activities, and literary connections.
- Activity-based path: Engages students in hands-on activities and inquiry-based projects in a source-rich, real-world creative classroom.
- Content and literacy path: Students master content through engaging readings, primary source texts and images, and writing exercises.
Customizable ContentRearrange chapter and lesson resources, edit program resources and assessments, and add your own curricula and links.
Teacher-friendly Savvas Realize LMS included with your program.
Savvas Realize® brings our award-winning content to life in an exciting digital experience that students love. For teachers and admins, it includes valuable classroom-management tools like auto-rostering, single-sign-on, and available integrations with many top K-12 LMSs. Access to teacher and student editions of Realize® is free with the cost of the program.
Preview your week ahead, adjust your daily lesson plans, review student and class progress, build and share lessons with your own content, or easily search for differentiated resources to inspire more “lightbulb” moments for your students . Realize’s single-sign-on platform makes it all easy and manageable.
Make logging into your Realize dashboard an essential daily activity–just like checking your school email and Google Classroom accounts–to get a clear, organized path to your learning goals.
Student–Centered Middle School U.S. History Inspired by You
What is myWorld Interactive: American History for middle school and what are the components?
myWorld Interactive American History emphasizes active inquiry, strong literacy connections, and a wide range of teaching options. The program is available as American History survey or Beginni:ngs to 1877 edition. myWorld Interactive promotes critical thinking, problem solving, evidence-based reasoning, and communications skills. It’s the student-centered American history curriculum that helps you implement your state’s standards and the College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Framework for Social Studies.
Take an Interactive Tour of myWorld Interactive American History. The program is made up of the following program components:
- Teacher Guide: Print Teacher Edition with full lesson support and integrated ELD Support.
- Active Journal Answer Key:Answer key for the student Active Journal.
- Online Teacher Resources: Digital course with Interactives and links to the eText for narrative content. Includes Teacher Resources and blackline masters for additional support with EL strategies, close reading, and skills instruction.
- Student Edition Hardcover Text: Includes all core content lessons, analysis skill lessons, numerous primary sources, and an English
- Language Arts Handbook. Student Active Journal: Student consumable notebook, including support for completing the Quest, close reading and note taking support, vocabulary practice, and writing workshop.
- Student Online Digital Course: Full Digital Course for each grade with Interactives and links to the Student eText for narrative content.
What type of Reading Support is in myWorld Interactive: American History?
Academic and Content Vocabulary are defined in context to help students develop meaning while they read.
- Get Ready to Read infuses pre-reading strategies, guiding questions, and vocabulary support connected to the Active Journal to support student comprehension.
- The Reading Check focuses on student comprehension, including the ability to read and understand visuals.
- Text and image Primary Sources are embedded throughout the lesson to give voice to both the famous and ordinary people of history.
- The Lesson Check monitors student mastery of reading skills and Social Studies content.
- Practice Vocabulary is included with every lesson in the Active Journal. A great support for English Learners!
- The Writing Workshop extends literary connections. Students practice expository and narrative writing forms related to the content.
What type of teaching ideas, strategies and inspiration are in myWorld Interactive: American History?
- Active Classroom Strategies
- Chapter Assessments
- Chapter at a Glance Citizenship Lessons
- Common Misconceptions
- Complete Lesson Plans
- Critical Thinking & Writing Strategies
- Curriculum Connections: Literacy, Geography, Math, and Science
- Differentiated Instruction
- Integrated ELD Strategies
- Literacy Skills Lessons
- Pacing Guides
- Primary Source Lessons
- Review Strategies
- Visual Review Strategies
- Vocabulary Strategies
- Writer's Workshop
- Writing Activities
How do I sign up for a myWorld Interactive: American History digital demo?myWorld Interactive: American History digital courseware on Savvas Realize includes robust digital tools that give teachers flexibility to use a digital, print, or blended format in their classrooms. Teachers can customize the program to rearrange content, upload their own content, add links to online media, and edit resources and assessments. Program-specific resources, flexible agnostic resources, and assessments are available in one location for easy lesson planning and presentation. Click here to sign up for a 30 day online demo.