This workshop is designed to deepen participants’ understanding of the five keys to classroom assessment quality. At the close of the workshop, participants will be ready to use the text to create high-quality classroom assessments and to use their results both formatively and summatively.
By the end of the workshop, participants will understand how to:
• Differentiate formative and summative types of assessment and their uses.
• Establish clear learning targets.
• Deconstruct complex content standards into classroom-level learning targets.
• Select assessment methods that match learning targets.
• Involve students in the assessment process.
• Continue the study and application of quality assessment practices with the book Classroom Assessment for Student Learning: Doing It Right—Using It Well, 2nd edition, by Jan Chappuis, Rick Stiggins, Steve Chappuis, and Judy Arter.
K–12 Educators, District Administrators, School Leaders, Staff Development Specialists
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
NUMBER OF DAYS: 1